DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES:
- Wheelbase: 95"
- Length: 163"
- Height: 40.5"
- Width (over scoops): 70.5"
- Track Front: 56"
- Track Rear: 59"
- Fuel Tank: 22.5 gallons
- Front Wheels: 15x8
- Rear Wheels: 15x10
- Tires-Front 225/60 R15
- Tires-Rear 275/60 R15
- Chassis: ZE 50/50 zinc coated mildsteel steel(Electro Galvanized Steel)
- Body: Pressed steel roof
- Front Suspension: Independent with unequal length A-arms, Bilstein shocks with H&R springs, anti-roll bar
- Rear Suspension: Independent with trailing arms, unequal length lateral arms, Bilstein shocks with H&R springs, anti-roll bar
- Steering: Rack and pinion
- Front Brakes: Vented disc, single caliper
- Rear Brakes: Vented disc, single caliper
- Exhaust system: Bundle of snakes, rear exit
- Instrumentation: Smith gauges, 200mph tach
- Interior: Motolita steering wheel, original style seats covered in Alcantara with silver rivets
- Recommended Engine: Ford-based 302, or the 351 Windsor or the 427FE Big Block
The chassis is an exact replication of the original monococque unibody structure down to the press steel roof spider. The only departure is the use of electro-galvanized sheet steel in the construction. The chassis, at over 12,000 pounds per degree is stiffer than any other chassis on the market, and is made up of over 244 laser cut and bent or pressed parts.
Pressed steel roof and beautifully finished body.
FRONT & REAR SUSPENSION:
The suspension features the original race car lay out. So original are the GT40 continuation models that two thirds or the parts are interchangeable with an original. Bilstein shocks with H&R springs.
ENGINE and TRANSMISSION:
The recommended power source is a specially prepared Roush engine with the new RBT/ZF style 5-speed transaxle but owners also have the option to fit a Ford-based 289, 302, 351W, 427FE Big Block.
All Shelby products are supplied complete, but without engines and transmissions. The selection, purchase and installation of the drive train are the responsibility of the purchaser.